Rae, J: 36 More Modern Studies for Solo Saxophone
This book was written in the same format as 20 Modern Studies. Again, the pieces are of moderate length and cover a wide variety of styles. As the studies are technically demanding, they are all written in comfortable saxophone-orientated keys to allow the student to focus on interpretation. Each study is designed to improve the student’s musical as well as technical abilities.
• More modern studies for soprano, alto, tenor or baritone saxophone complementing the established favourite: 20 Modern Studies
• Musical styles vary from modern Classical through to Jazz and Rock
• For elementary to more advanced levels (1 – 8*)
• Ideal for developing musicianship and technique by way of accessible but challenging material
• These studies make attractive performance pieces and are suitable for examination purposes