Romeo and Juliet
Suggested age 7-11
Raising the curtain on Christopher Norton’s Micromusicals – exciting and accessible musicals for schools based on popular classroom teaching topics from the creator of the internationally-acclaimed Microjazz series. Designed for children aged 7-11, each production lasts around 30 minutes and can be learned, rehearsed and performed in as little as 2 days. Stage a class act with this comprehensive and flexible resource:
* Straightforward and catchy songs, with complete demonstration and backing tracks on an accompanying CD
* Voice and piano scores with guitar chords
* Photocopiable lyric sheets
* Cast list (with number on lines per role) plus succinct costume and direction suggestions
* Comprehensive props checklist
* Wide-ranging cross-curricular teaching and classroom activity ideas
Downloadable extra resources include:
* a wide range of flexible easy band and orchestral parts which can be played in conjunction with the backing tracks or as part of an independent live orchestral or band
* flexible prop designs, illustrations and banners
* PDF lyric sheets and scripts
* Powerpoint files containing full script and song lyrics
* sound effect audio files
* a customisable poster to publicise performances
Performance licences available online.
Romeo & Juliet – Shakespeare’s tragedy about two ‘star-crossed lovers’ – is an English literary masterpiece studied at Key Stage 2 and 3 as part of the National Curriculum in England, as well as at schools and colleges elsewhere in the UK and around the world. In this new Micromusical adaption, the abridged story is told through poetry and song.
Awaiting Stock - Please place your order and we will notify you of a delivery date as soon as we can.